- Heroism is not blind courage; it is selfless action. It is knowing the odds are stacked against you, but feeling that you must do what you do for the good of others.
- Successful people become great leaders when they learn to shift the focus from themselves to others.
- Because management deals mostly with the status quo and leadership deals mostly with change, in the next century we are going to have to try to become much more skilled at creating leaders.
John P. Kotter
- Leaders learn by leading, and they learn best by leading in the face of obstacles. As weather shapes mountains problems shape leaders.
- Great vision without great people is irrelevant.
- Get the right people on the bus and in the right seat.
- Empowerment is all about letting go so that others can get going.
- Feedback is the breakfast of champions.
- The best minute you spend is the one you invest in people.
- Your role as a leader is even more important than you might imagine. You have the power to help people become winners.
- Any company trying to compete…must figure out a way to engage the mind of every employee.
- The ability to connect and influence people, that’s the job of a leader. And we;re all leaders at some level.
- Make a conscious effort to surround yourself with positive, nourishing and uplifting people — people who believe in you, encourage you to go after your dreams, and applaud your victories.