- The greatest leaders mobilize others by coalescing people around a shared vision.
- The greatest leaders build organizations that, in the end, don’t need them.
James C. Collins
- Great leaders encourage leadership development by openly developing themselves.
- Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate, and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand.
General Colin Powel
- A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.
John C. Maxwell
- A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go but ought to be.
- Great leaders are not defined by the absence of weakness, but rather by the presence of clear strengths.
- Great leadership usually starts with a willing heart, a positive attitude, and a desire to make a difference.
- Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish.
- When the effective leader is finished with his work, the people say it happened naturally.
- A real leader faces the music, even when he doesn’t like the tune.
- Good leaders make people feel that they’re at the very heart of things, not at the periphery. Everyone feels that he or she makes a difference to the success of the organization. When that happens people feel centered and that gives their work meaning.
- A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit.
John C. Maxwell
- A competent leader can get efficient service from poor troops, while on the contrary an incapable leader can demoralize the best of troops.
John J. Pershing
- A cowardly leader is the most dangerous of men.