- Leadership embraces activism; it is the outcome of a purposeful pursuit of goals.
- Three things a leader or manager should be thinking: What’s happening? What’s not happening? and What can I do to influence the outcome?
- Lasting goal achievement requires lots of time, hard work, sacrifice & dedication to a process that is maintained over years.
- Leadership defines what the future should look like, aligns people with that vision, and inspires them to make it happen despite the obstacles.
John P. Kotter
- The biggest mistake you could ever make is to think you work for anyone but yourself.
- Don’t mistake movement for achievement. It’s easy to get faked out by being busy. The question is: Busy doing what?
- Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.
- Power is the basic energy needed to initiate and sustain action or, to put it another way, the capacity to translate intention into reality and sustain it. Leadership is the wise use of this power: Transformative leadership.
- You need people who can walk their companies into the future rather than back them in to the future.
- If you want to know why your people are not performing well, step up to the mirror and take a peek.
- Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes.