- A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.
John C. Maxwell
- A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done his aim fulfilled, they will say: We did it ourselves.
- A leader is a dealer in hope.
- A leader is not an administrator who loves to run others, but someone who carries water for his people so that they can get on with their jobs.
- A leader’s role is to raise people’s aspirations for what they can become and to release their energies so they will try to get there.
- A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.
- A leader is one who sees more than others see, who sees farther than others see, and who sees before others see.
- Leaders are visionaries with a poorly developed sense of fear and no concept of the odds against them.
- The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.
- Leadership is about magnetic communication. Leaders have a way of communicating that draws people toward the vision and the horizon.